Friday, September 16, 2011

Paperboy


here is the piece i did for the Autumn Society: 8 Bit-Champion at La Flaq in Paris. Check out the beautiful artwork from the other participants here:

http://www.theautumnsociety.com/search/label/8-bit%20Champions

I struggled for awhile thinking of ideas for my piece...like at first i thought i should do a spoof of the actual Paperboy game cover. After many failed attempts i realized it didn't feel like me, and so i went back to basics and drew what felt right..cute kids and weird lookin people :)

8 comments:

Frank Macchia said...

Congrats Chey. Wish we could have gone to see it hang on those catacomb walls.
I agree. I think you took it in the right direction. Turned out great. Very Cheyenne.
I can't get over the fact that your stuff is in a show way over there.

Gillibean said...

Jesus! remember that game! Spent waaaay too much of my youth on that game! Lovely piece, I love the colours! COngratulations!

Eric "Spillz" Angelillo said...

WHAAA! Why was I not aware of this competition?! Sweet entry, I like the nip ring cusps on the lady. Very nasty.

chibiaion said...

Splendid! Going back to the your basic made the right choice. The piece really looked lively. buy aion account

Aminder Dhaliwal said...

haha nice, my dog always finds the paper in the yard before i get to it....i only ever see shreds of it.

Noam Sussman said...

sweeeet colours :)

Mr Ron said...

Great work Cheyenne!
I just bought one of your Paperboy piece from the Flaq exhibition in Paris.
Keep it up!
Mr Ron.
http://facebook.com/misteur.ron

Thomas F. Dougherty said...

This image is more than good, itttttttttttt's...really good!